The New England Graduate Student Water Symposium will run for a second year on September 11 – 13, 2015. The event will be held in conjunction with the Water Politics and Society Symposium and 50th Anniversary Dinner hosted on Friday by the Massachusetts Water Resources Research Center. All technical presentations will be by undergraduate and graduate students, but post docs, alumni, faculty, and industry representatives are welcome and encouraged to attend. For more detailed information and to register for the Symposium, please click the Event Website link.
The weekend itinerary and the link to RSVP for the event are as follows:
Friday, September 11th
6:00 pm - 7:00 pm, Gunness Student Center, Marcus Hall, UMass Amherst Campus
Dinner (on us) Celebrating the 50th Anniversary of the Massachusetts Water Resources Research Center
RSVP (free!): http://www.ecs.umass.edu/eve/meetings/2015NEGSWS/registration.html
Also please join us for two other special events in celebration of our 50th-
Water, Society, & Politics Workshop
Friday, September 11th
12:30 pm - 5:30 pm, Room 140 in ILCS (Integrated Learning Center), UMass Amherst Campus
RSVP (free!): http://www.ecs.umass.edu/eve/meetings/2015NEGSWS/workshop.html
Invited speakers -
- Dr. Chris Sneddon, Dartmouth College, “Transforming the Mekong: Scientific Knowledge and Geopolitical Change, 1955 to 2015"
- Dr. Kelli Larson, Arizona State University, “Risk Perceptions and Policy Attitudes: Implications for Collaborative Water Governance"
- Dr. Rebecca Lave, Indiana University Bloomington, “Marketing environmental science and management: Stream mitigation banking in the U.S."
- 2nd Annual New England Graduate Student Water Symposium
New England Graduate Student Water Symposium
Saturday , Sep. 12th, 8 AM to Sunday, Sep. 13th, 2 PM
- Keynote: Keynote: Denis R. LeBlanc, USGS Hydrologist, “Managing wastewater disposal on Cape Cod to improve water quality and maintain the hydrologic balance”, Saturday Sep. 12th, 11 am - noon
- Student technical presentations
- Poster sessions
Gunness Student Center, Marcus Hall, UMass Amherst Campus
Register: http://www.ecs.umass.edu/eve/meetings/2015NEGSWS/registration.html ($50 for full weekend, keynote only email esfinn[at]cns.umass[dot]edu)