Registration: $150, sliding scale. Please pay as much as you can afford to help with conference expenses and funding scholarships/work exchange (ten slots available, contact climate2015[at]bio4climate[dot]org). Register for the conference here.
Speakers: We are bringing together a roster of world-class experts, climate advocates, scientists, practitioners. We ask speakers to be available all weekend if possible to participate in networking and exchanges with attendees and one another.
Current confirmed speakers include:
- Maude Barlow, best-selling Canadian author and water activist, chair of the board of Food and Water Watch.
- Tom Goreau, biogeophysicist, climate scientist and leading coral reef restoration expert, president of the Global Coral Reef Alliance.
- Walter Jehne, leading Australian soil and climate scientist, Director of Healthy Soils Australia.
- Michal Kravcik, internationally recognized water scientist, Goldman Environmental Prize recipient, and author of A New Water Paradigm.
- Jim Laurie, Restoration Ecologist, Biodiversity for a Livable Climate, who has been working with water – and biodiversity – for decades.
- Adam Sacks, Executive Director, Biodiversity for a Livable Climate, a long-time climate activist with extensive experience in non-profit management, computer technology, education, politics, advocacy, and holistic medicine.
- Judith Schwartz, author of Cows Save the Planet, and a new book on water due out later this year.
Our primary urgent goal in the face of widespread breakdown in addressing climate change is to further the understanding necessary to embark on the global regeneration process. Collectively we will present affordable strategies for restoration of water cycles that local, national and international governments, agencies, communities and individuals may rapidly implement in order to reverse global warming.