National Water Monitoring News Fall 2013
- Massachusetts Climate Change Adaptation Report, September 2011
- Sustainable Water Management: Draft Framework Summary, Energy and Environmental Affairs, Mass gov.
- Equations for Estimating Bankfull Channel Geometry and Discharge for Streams in Massachusetts
- Toward a Sustainable and Secure Water Future: A leadership role for the U.S. Geological Survey
- Study Confirms Presence of Contaminants in Some New England Bedrock Groundwater, ID’s New Concerns, Determines Likely Locations
- Quality of Water from Crystalline Rock Aquifers in New England, New Jersey, and New York, 1995-2007, U.S. Geological Survey Scientific Investigations Report 2011-5220, by Sarah M. Flanagan, Joseph D. Ayotte, and Gilpin R. Robinson, Jr.
- Climate Change and Water Resources Management: A Federal Perspective, U.S. Department of the Interior, U.S. Geological Survey Circular 1331
- 2010, Effects of Low-Impact-Development (LID) Practices on Streamflow, Runoff Quantity, and Runoff Quality in the Ipswich River Basin, Massachusetts-A Summary of Field and Modeling Studies: U.S. Geological Survey Circular 1361, 40 p.
- 2009, Hydrogeology and groundwater resources of the coastal aquifers of southeastern Massachusetts: U.S. Geological Survey Circular 1338, 16 p.
- 2009, Quality of water from domestic wells in principal aquifers of the United States, 1991–2004—Overview of major findings: U.S. Geological Survey Circular 1332, 48 p.
- 2011–5193 Factors influencing riverine fish assemblages in Massachusetts
- 2011–5192 Pharmaceutical Compounds in Merrimack River Water Used for Public Supply, Lowell, Massachusetts, 2008–09
- 2011–5179 Monitoring to assess progress toward meeting the Assabet River, Massachusetts, phosphorus total maximum daily load—Aquatic macrophyte biomass and sediment-phosphorus flux
- 2011–5125 Refinement and evaluation of the Massachusetts firm-yield estimator model version 2.0
- 2011–5013 Arsenic and uranium in water from private wells completed in bedrock of east-central Massachusetts—Concentrations, correlations with bedrock units, and estimated probability maps
- 2010–5042 Effects of water use and land use on streamflow and aquatic habitat in the Sudbury and Assabet River Basins, Massachusetts
- 2010–5007 Effects of selected low-impact-development (LID) techniques on water quality and quantity in the Ipswich River Basin, Massachusetts—Field and modeling studies
- 2009–5272 Indicators of Streamflow Alteration, Habitat Fragmentation, Impervious Cover, and Water Quality for Massachusetts Stream Basins
- 2009–5269 Quality of stormwater runoff discharged from Massachusetts highways, 2005–07
- 2009–5227 The Massachusetts Sustainable-Yield Estimator: A decision-support tool to assess water availability at ungaged stream locations in Massachusetts
US Fish & Wildlife Service:
- Rising to the Urgent Challenge Strategic Plan for Responding to Accelerating Climate Change, U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service
- Status & Trends of wetlands in the conterminous US 2004 – 2009
- Charting New Waters: A Call to Action to Address U.S. Freshwater Challenges, the Johnson Foundation at Wingspread. Issued by the Participants of the Johnshon Foundation Freshwater Summit
- A Survey of Climate Change Adaptation Planning, the H. John Heinz II Center for Science, Economics and the Environment
- The State of the Nation’s Ecosystems 2008, the H. John Heinz II Center for Science, Economics and the Environment
- Green Infrastructure Resource Directory
- The Sustainability of Freshwater Species and Water Resources Development Policy of the Army Corps of Engineers, Institute of Water Resources
- Progress Report of the Interagency Climate Change Adaptation Task Force: Federal Actions for a Climate Resilient Nation, The White house Council on Environmental Quality, October 8, 2011
- National Water Program Strategy: Response to Climate Change, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, Office of Water, EPA 800-R-08-001, September 2008.
- A Strategy for Federal Science and Technology to Support Water Availability and Quality in the United States, September 2007, National Science and Technology Council Committee on Environment and Natural Resources, Subcommittee on Water Availability and Quality
- Synthesis and Assessment Products, U.S. Climate Change Science Program. The effects of climate change on agriculture, land resources, water resources, and biodiversity in the U.S.
- Integrating Multiscale Observations of U.S. Waters, National Research Council of the National Academies, 2007