The Thomas Harriot College of Arts and Sciences and the College of Engineering and Technology at Eastern Carolina University announce a cross-college cluster hire in Water Resources. Applicants are invited for an associate or full professor position in the area of water resources research. The initial senior hire, whose position will begin August 13, 2018, will be tenured in the Department of Geography, Planning, and Environment. Additional searches will be initiated in Fall 2018 with the aid and input of this hire. Additional positions will include one faculty member each in the Departments of Chemistry, Engineering, and Geological Sciences.
In addition to developing and managing collaborative externally-funded research projects, the individual will teach at both the undergraduate and graduate levels in the candidate’s area of expertise and provide service to ECU and the profession. The faculty member will also be expected to take a leadership role in the water resources cluster and as such would have a reduced teaching role commensurate with a sustained successful research track-record and effective management of the cluster.
Water Resource Engineer
SWCA Environmental Consulting seeks a qualified Water Resource Engineer to join our Amherst, Massachusetts office. Candidates must possess a Massachusetts Professional Engineer (PE) License. The Engineer should have a strong background in Stormwater Management/Green Infrastructure and Watershed Management to support our Natural Resources Group.
- Developing stormwater management plans for a variety of scales (residential, commercial, watershed, and regional).
- Preparing SWPPPs and preparing detailed erosion control and construction sequencing plans.
· Providing designs and calculations for stormwater quality systems with a focus on Green Infrastructure.
· Preparing construction documents, cost estimates, specifications, reports and proposals.
· Preparing stormwater plans for permitting.
- Performing stormwater inspections at construction sites.
· Coordinating permit application materials with environmental staff and presenting engineering portions at public hearings.
· Coordinating with agencies (Planning Boards, Conservation Commissions, etc) to revise submissions for approval and respond to/interact with Peer Reviewers as needed
· Providing construction oversight and permit compliance monitoring.
· Managing project budgets and coordinating project work.
· Successful candidate must be able to work both independently and as part of a team and must be able to demonstrate leadership capabilities.
Experience and qualifications for success:
- BS degree in Civil Engineering, MS preferred.
- PE License (preference in water resource engineering).
- Demonstrated experience and passionate interest in river and stream restoration design preferred.
- Experience with hydrologic, open channel flow and sediment transport models.
- Demonstrated ability in hydraulic/hydrologic analysis, modeling, culvert and bridge sizing, fish passage, floodplain determinations, ArcView, ArcMap, Civil 3-D drafting and analysis, MS Office, HECRAS Modeling, and Hydro CAD.
- Ability to perform data synthesis and scientific report writing.
- Experience with project management and the development of proposals, work scopes, and tracking of budgets and contracts.
- General knowledge of the Northeast regulatory environment.
- The ability to meet and work with diverse range of clients and generate new work.
- Strong graphic skills from graphic presentation drawings through construction documentation.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to produce high quality written reports, specifications and oral presentations at hearings.
- Demonstrated experience in MA DEP stormwater regulations, SWPPP preparation, project permitting, impact assessments, construction monitoring and environmental planning.
- Ability to travel.
SWCA Environmental Consultants is a growing employee-owned firm, providing a full-spectrum of environmental services. With offices across the United States, SWCA is one of the largest environmental compliance firms and ranks among Engineering News-Record’s Top 200 Environmental Firms.
If you would like to contact SWCA regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the online application process due to a disability, please email accommodations[at]swca[dot]com or call 800-828-8517. This contact information is for disability accommodation requests only. All other inquiries will not receive a response.
EOE - women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.